I have known Miss C for a few years now and she is such a lovely gal. We have crossed a lot of similar paths and even for a brief period of time worked together. She is full of life, drop dead gorgeous and beautiful on the inside even more than she is on the outside. She was so happy with her images she had a tough time narrowing down ones for her album and framed images to hang on her wall.
Here is what she had to say about her boudoir experience with us at Lux. “I am so happy I decided to have a session with Lux. I left this experience feeling inspired, confident and thankful to be a woman. I gained more self acceptance, courage, and vulnerability, while celebrating who I am and what it means to be beautiful on the inside and out. Kari has thought of everything, her direction is fantastic, and she’s created a space that is comfortable and fun, while allowing your true self expression to shine through. I felt pampered, gorgeous, and a little “cheeky”. All I can say is, Do it for you!”
Her shoot was so much fun, and I love her style….Thank you for allowing us to have the pleasure of photographing you, Miss C!! xo
We are so honoured to be a part of the 2016 Dragon Boat Festival Gala on June 16.
Last year was our first year donating to this fundraising event and it was such a huge success. We decided to donate again this year so that kids can participate in sport. Here are some facts about what the money raised goes towards:
Did you Know:
$13 will give a child-at-risk the chance to experience what it’s like to be paddling in a boat, and provide a healthy and delicious lunch.
$100 will take 10 children paddling for the afternoon.
$250 will sponsor a youth team’s entry into the Dragon Zone Youth Regatta.
$1000 will pay for 5 children to attend one week of summer paddling camp.
$1500 will cover the cost of a youth dragon boat team for a season, including coaching, a team jersey and all equipment.
This year they have a new online bidding system so you do not need to attend the gala in order to bid. We think the higher the total the better so I am sharing the link with you so that you might find something you would like to bid on, perhaps even a boudoir session with us!
There are some amazing things up for auction, so go check it out!
We look forward to meeting the lovely lady who wins our boudoir session!
xo The lux girls
We had the pleasure of meeting and photographing the fabulous Miss V recently and can I just say what a bombshell she is! Holy smoke show, she rocked her boudoir experience!! She is beyond lovely and check out her eyes, piercing. Here is what she had to say about her experience with us:
“I cannot rave enough about how amazing my Lux experience was!
My photos were taken by Kyleigh. She had the ability to make me feel at ease and comfortable as soon as I entered the room. She managed to capture exactly what I was hoping for with my photos. She was eager and open to my suggestions and requests for certain photo poses/set ups. I am thrilled with the results! So much fun and the best 30th birthday gift I could give to myself.
I also had the opportunity to sit with Kari and review the finished product! Kari was so helpful with choosing the right package for my wants and budget. She was so patient. Also, being able to review all of the images on a big screen allowed me to see Kyleigh’s amazing work in large format and choose my favourites!
I would recommend this experience to all women. Especially the ones going through a transition period and need to do something tangible to prove to themselves just how fabulous they are!
Thank you so much to Kyleigh, Kari and Sara!”
We want you to be prepared for your boudoir photo shoot and that doesn’t mean scouring Pinterest necessarily for photos you want to replicate. Put a little trust in your photographer that she will come up with beautiful shots that flatter your body type and assets. So, what are some of the MOST important things you can do before your boudoir portrait session to prepare for the big day?
1. Get a good nights sleep and stay hydrated! It’s very important to be well rested so you don’t have bags under your eyes. Staying hydrated the day before your shoot means your skin will glow naturally and your eyes will look big and bright.
2. Try on your outfits! This is important because many of us have very sexy lingerie that’s been sitting in our drawers and may not be the best fit any more. It’s a great idea to try on some of your favourite pieces before you come in, that way if things aren’t fitting the way they used to you have plenty of opportunity to go shopping!
3. Go shopping. This doesn’t mean you should break the bank on lots of new pieces, but it’s fun to shop for your shoot and rock some brand new lace! If you’ve booked your shoot with a special someone in mind, it’s always a nice surprise for them to see something they’ve never seen before in your shots. Plus, wearing brand new lingerie will make you feel like a model!
Boudoir photography forces us to push our body issues aside and embrace every curve, wrinkle and stretch mark. So many women are apprehensive about doing boudoir because they think they aren’t fit enough, busty enough, thin enough, tanned enough, sexy enough… the list goes on! This isn’t surprising considering the state of the media and the images of women being pushed in front of our eyes consistently throughout our daily lives. But that needs to change.
What boudoir allows is for YOU to be the model. Boudoir is so special because it is real women in front of the camera, with nothing but their insecurities holding them back from becoming the sexy vixen they are. I understand being nervous before a shoot because it’s so completely out of the normal daily routine to get half naked in front of a camera, but that’s what makes it so liberating.
Trashy magazines and television shows have taught us it’s OK to judge other women but it’s so NOT. We have become increasingly afraid to be exposed and vulnerable but it’s not really our fault. Boudoir forces us to confront those fears. If you’re afraid to do a shoot keep in mind that every woman feels that same way. I can’t think of a safer place than the boudoir studio!
The Lux ladies had the pleasure of going to the Hush Wedding Soiree last weekend and had a blast! Wedding shows are such a great way for us to meet brides and see all the new trends, treats and floral arrangements that our amazing city has to offer… Plus there was champagne!
We’ve been booking up like crazy recently and it’s partially related to all the upcoming weddings in the spring and summer! An bride has a million things on her mind and the groom’s wedding gift should not be something to stress about. Bridal boudoir isn’t just a gift for him though, it’s for the bride too!
Why you should book a bridal boudoir session immediately:
1. A boudoir session is fun! A midst all the wedding craziness and planning you get to unwind and have some fun, letting the professionals take care of you. Boudoir is a no-brainer, in that your photographer will pose you and your makeup artist will make you stunning. All you have to do is show up and let loose!
2. You get to be pampered! We know that planning a wedding can be like a second job. Your boudoir session gives you a half day to relax and be beautified, while simultaneously feeling super sexy! Most women will only have professional hair and makeup done a few times in a lifetime and that’s unfortunate because it makes you feel and look amazing.
3. It will make for the best gift ever! You and your groom will be absolutely blown away by the photos and it will be incredibly memorable for you both. Click here for why it’s the BEST GIFT EVER.
4. You’re not getting any younger! OK, this may sound harsh but it’s true. Today you are as young as you’re EVER going to be. What better time to capture your beauty and femininity then right before you’ve tied the knot?
5. You don’t want to wait until the last minute on this one. After your photo shoot you return for a premier viewing to decide what you’d like to do with your photos, whether it be an album, a canvas, a metalic print, or a collection of products. From there it’s approximately 2 weeks to have your original hand picked artwork arrive back at the studio… So it takes about a month from start to finish. We don’t recommend getting in touch with us a week before your big day when you realize you want to give your groom the BEST GIFT EVER!