We want you to be informed and comfortable with our process, so we have put together a list of the most commonly asked questions that we get from women who are interested in doing a boudoir shoot with us. Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions that are not listed on our FAQ page.
- How many photos can I expect to see after my shoot?
- You can expect to see between 40 to 50 final images from our session.
- Who will my photographer be?
- All sessions are personally photographed by one of our fabulous female Lux photographers.
- How many people can I include in my photo session?
- Due to the nature of Boudoir photography, sessions are for one person only. There is opportunity for Stagette/Ladies night shoots; if you’re interested in this kind of experience, please contact us for further information.
- What should I bring with me to the shoot?
- Please bring anything that empowers you and makes you feel beautiful. In addition to your outfits, this can include: heels, jewelry, a kimono or robe. Whatever helps you bring out that inner goddess. If you’re struggling with what kinds of items to bring or look for, you can check out our Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest for inspiration! We suggest bringing more than you need and we can work together to find what works best. Our basic session (The Flirt) comes with two outfit changes, however most of our clients do between 4 to 6. Feel free to bring more than you need and you can always add on additional outfits for $50 each.(Check out this blog post that we did more in depth about this question)
- What is your cancellation policy? What if I need to reschedule?
- We realize that sometimes life gets in the way and there’s no avoiding it. In the event that you do need to reschedule, please get in touch with us 72 hours minimum in advance to set a new date for your shoot. We allow one reschedule under 72 hours, however if you need to reschedule again you will be subject to a $50 rescheduling fee. If you do not get in touch with us 24 hours in advance and do not show for your shoot, your retainer is non-transferable.
- What if I am late for my appointment?
- Please plan to arrive on time! If you are late, your session time may be reduced. Time for building your outfits, makeup/hair has been factored into your session. If you have not arrived within 15 minutes of our scheduled start time, we reserve the right to cancel your appointment.
Products and Ordering:
- When will my images be ready? How do I order?
- After your session, we will schedule a time for you to come back and visit us for a premiere viewing of your images! Bring any key decision makers and please come prepared with some thoughts and ideas of where you want to put your images and which products work best for you. We will go through our most popular products with you and help you decide what is the best fit for you.
- Can I purchase my session files on disc?
- We absolutely have the digital files of your session for sale. During your premiere, we will discuss all the options available for you, and will find the product(s) best suited for you.
- How may I use my images?
- Lux retains ownership and copyright of all images, however clients will be granted the right to personal, non-commercial use of the images and files that are purchased. Images may not be copied, sold or published by the client without written agreement by Lux Portraiture.
- Will my images be used on the internet?
- We do not use images online unless you have signed a model release. We get permission from all clients prior to posting, and will only use images that are approved by the client.
- Once you’ve determined which date and time works best for you, we will send you a contract. Upon receipt of the signed contract and the non-refundable retainer, your session is booked! The remaining balance of your shoot is due either on the day of or the day before you session. We accept Visa/MC, debit, cash and cheque. We also offer payment plans to make sure you get the package you truly want.